LUXA

I have a request from my old friend, she asked me why I only made review about asian restaurant, kekeke. Okay then, because I miss you my dear Elly Usman, so now I'll write about non asian restaurant. :)

Do you know what is falafel?

Falafel (/fəˈlɑːfəl/Arabicفلافل‎, [fæˈlæːfɪl] ( )) is a deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeasfava beans, or both. Falafel is a traditional Egyptian food, usually served in a pita, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flatbread known as lafa; "falafel" also frequently refers to a wrapped sandwich that is prepared in this way. The falafel balls are topped with salads, pickled vegetables,hot sauce, and drizzled with tahini-based sauces. Falafel balls may also be eaten alone as a snack or served as part of a meze. ~ Wikipedia

Normally they sell falafel together with schawarma or adana kebab and because actually I don't really like vegetarian food :) or rather I really love meat, so I always buy schawarma instead this deep fried guys. I always asked my friends, what kind of taste this falafel has and they always said, it taste good enough, but still I didn't buy falafel even one of my friends said the falafel on that shop taste reaaaaallllyyyyyy  good.


>> The Counter <<


So, one day I went home after my part time job then suddenly I felt sooooooo soooooo hungry. Instead wait of my tram, my feet went on their own to this small imbiss caled LUXA near subway station Rosa Luxemburg Platz ( so you know where the name of this small restaurant come from :) ). I wanted to buy chicken schawarma, but then I told myself, why I don't try falafel instead schawarma. Then, I bought it!

>> Falafel Sandwich and Ayran <<
I bought falafel sandwich for 2.5€, this sandwich served in flatbread with salads like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, three hot falafel, pickel radish and last but not least thick garlic sauce. You can choose the menu, you can mix and match what you want, just say it to the seller. It taste good enough for me,to be honest I like it tough, you can taste the middle east spice and herbs together with the vegetable falafel dough, it taste similar like perkedel jagung ( when you know what  perkedel jagung is ) but it's more smooter, floury, more herb and more spicy.

I ate this falafel with Ayran, Ayran is yoghurt drink in Turkish style. I have my own story with this drink. A lot of indonesian student don't like this drink. they told me at first this drink made from goat milk, it taste weird and stink and because of that i never want to try this ayran, but someday I just want to taste it, then I bought it, then HUALAAA... I'm fans of this drinks, it was made from normal cow milk and doesn't have aroma and it taste so refreshing when you drink this after you eat something so heavy-taste like middle east foods, which is contain sheep lambs or goat meat.  It'll cost you about 1€ in a restaurant or something like 0.79€ in turkish supermarkt.

Overall I think you must try it, it's cheap and not bad at all.

I tried another restaurant and I think I like LUXA better than two others. One more, maybe you think it's inconvenient, but don't ask for a plate because you won't get it from them ( even you beg to them )!

LUXA

Torstr. 56
10119 Berlin
Stadtviertel: Prenzlauer Berg



Öffnungszeiten:
Mo.-Do., So. 18:00 - 03:00
Fr.-Sa. 18:00 - 05:00

Internet Review :

Personal Rating : 
★★★




2 comments:

  1. thank u dui for hearing my request =)
    udah kebayang nih rasanya dimulut..falafel,kebab,dürum,apalagi dürumnya mehringdamm*bener gak ya??* yang kalo jalan keluar ubahn udah kecium harumnya..mmmm slurrrp =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcom dear Elly :)
      buat sendiri aja ly, coba2, atau ke resto timur tengah? bener kok ly, mehringdamm, yg ngantri nya bikin illfeel kalau lg laper :))

      Delete

Please comment when you like my posts :) Thank ypu :)