Hanage

If you want to directly read the review, please scroll down this first paragraph. Why? Just so...

After a long vacuum of the world of blog-writing, finally today ( after steadying myself ) I'll write again. Why I stopped writing on this blog? The answer is very simple, because I lost my cell phone twice in a row within  a few months, where all the food photos and reviews that I have written on the note-apps on my mobile phone is lost with the mobile phone missing. I had become very lazy to write, but actually, it's 100% my fault beacuse of my habit to delay everythings I did, I always delayed to upload the reviews that I made or  the photos that I have had. As one of Indonesian proverb says, "rice has become porridge", my complaints was no longer necessary here. Thank you for reading this unimportant complaints and let's start a new chapter of this blog. 

0719 Happy girl smiley face Emoticons and Emoji Gif Download  girl emoticons girl emoji

Today two of my housemates want to go out, because their plans were delayed yesterday because of the news about storm that will shake berlin that day, which turned out to be that the storm was coming late in the evening. Eventually today they plan to drink coffee at Balzac Cafe near Berliner Dom in Alexanderplatz. But because I want to come and I'm  not a die hard coffee lovers, I finally suggested to go to Nazuna, a Japanese Deli and Sweets, unfortunately  it turns out they're in summerbreak until 18th August 2014 0819 Happy girl smiley face Emoticons and Emoji Gif Download  girl emoticons girl emoji  , so I finally found an alternative that is not less interesting, namely Hanage, an osaka style okonomiyaki restaurant in Eberswalderstr.

>>The Entrance<<
Photo by Germanicure M.

What is Okonomiyaki ?

Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き o-konomi-yaki?) is a Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning "what you like" or "what you want", and yaki meaning "grilled" or "cooked" (cf. yakitori and yakisoba). Okonomiyaki is mainly associated with the Kansai or Hiroshima areas of Japan, but is widely available throughout the country. Toppings and batters tend to vary according to region. Tokyo okonomiyaki is usually smaller than a Hiroshima or Kansai okonomiyaki. ~Wikipedia~

Sooo we finally met in Hanage, it was a small restaurant with three tables for 4-6 people and one table in a stage so it feels like original tatamis room (without walls of course), and also about four tables outside the restaurant. This place is simple, quite comfortable, and bright  but without the typical Japanese music that I normally find in Japanese-diner in general. 

>> The Rooms Inside<<
Photo by Jens K.
The menu-card is quite simple, there are three basic kinds of okonomiyaki with different sauces at a price of 5-6€ that we can add our favorite toping for extra price. They have also another menu such as miso soup, japanese style potato salad, karaage, onigiri, etc.

>> Menu<<

All of us finally  decided to choose the original okonomiyaki sauce with shrimp as toping. Why? Because we love seafood. 0218 Happy girl smiley face Emoticons and Emoji Gif Download  girl emoticons girl emoji

>>Osaka Style Okonomiyaki<<

For drinks we ordered green tea (ocha) for two people and Ramune


>>Ocha<<

>>Ramune<<


How does it taste? Delicious!!! 0318 Happy girl smiley face Emoticons and Emoji Gif Download  girl emoticons girl emoji   but the taste quite similar from what I've made with instant okonomiyaki flour that I normally buy at the asia store, for those who ever eat  okonomiyaki I've cooked, yes, the taste of  okonomiyaki here is upgraded version from okonomiyaki instant that I normally made. It's fluffy, soft and you can taste dashi flavour, the sauce too, it has okonomiyaki sauce taste in general, it's sweet, sour, mellow taste with mayonnaise and also katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes). What is lacking? Aonori or japanese seaweed sprinkles! One more, one of my friends told me that she prefers  Hiroshima style okonomiyaki with yakisoba, because it's not too soft or wet?!  ( you  can say the hiroshima style has dryer texture than osaka style, because they don't mix the batter with the cabbage).

We closed today culinary journey  with  matcha  flavor mochi ice cream for dessert, hmmm, yummy! 0619 Happy girl smiley face Emoticons and Emoji Gif Download  girl emoticons girl emoji   It's not much different from the mochi ice cream I've ever eaten in Mamecha. 


We spent about € 32.5 for three of us.

I think this restaurant is not bad and the price is good with good Japanese-Diner atmospher standards, not too cheap and not too expensive at all, I will defenitely go there again to try another okonomiyaki, but when I'm broke a.k.a. no money, so it's better to cook it at home with my friends, it was no less delicious and  can we add the topping to taste with minimal budget. I recomended this brand for okonomiyaki flour and here for the recipe and FAQ about okonomiyaki .

>>nissin okonomiyaki flour<<

Till the next review... Ciaoooobella!! 0919 Happy girl smiley face Emoticons and Emoji Gif Download  girl emoticons girl emoji

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment when you like my posts :) Thank ypu :)